1) Embed pretty much ANYTHING overlaying your pages
- Any external content like websites, videos or scripts can be embedded to overlay your pages
- From youtube videos, to facebook “like” buttons, to twitter feeds and linkedin shares, we’ve got some great widgets already built for you. You just need to set some fields to get these displaying right on your pages
- Choose the platform you want or don’t want the widget to display. Don’t show flash widgets on mobile devices which can’t load flash OR target an advertisement widget to tablet users. You’ve got a lot of flexibilty with this tool.
- The only limitation is your imagination! You can start designing your publications with these widgets in mind.
- PageWidgetImage screenshot shows an embedded youtube video, a facebook like button, and a linked in share button
- PageWidgetOptions screenshot below shows the optional widgets you can add to your pages
2) Annotations: Bookmarks and Sticky Notes
- If you are protecting your publication with subscription, remote authentication OR your publication is viewable on the mstand, users will be able to set page bookmarks and create notes that will show directly on the page.
- Once users login to their account, they can bookmark pages and make page notes that will always be displayed when they login!
- Great for remembering your place in a publication, or making notes/comments you can reference the next time you view
- Users just have click on the annotation tools at the top right(bookmarks) or bottom left (annotations) to create (see screenshot below)
3) Other upates and fixes
- New API method getAnnotations, for use in conjunction with the annotaions feature listed above (2)
- Master Accounts will be able to access newsstand settings if they need to for their sub-accounts…contact support to have this option enabled
- Various bug fixes and system improvements